pluto77

Free Breakfast 7 days/week for Platinum and Gold Elite Members outside U.S. and Canada

Discussion created by pluto77 on Apr 5, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 6, 2012 by alrenaissance

I was searching around on the Marriott Rewards website to find the Elite Customer Service line (another topic) so I could find out why I was not given points on all expenses charged to my room (still another topic) for a recent stay (excluding sales tax, I know), and stumbled across the Elite Member Benefits Page.  The weekend breakfast benefit (or lack of it) seems to be a popular topic of discussion here on Insiders, so I thought I would share my findings, namely that weekend breakfasts (outside the U.S. and Canada) are free! Does everybody already know that?  Oh, sorry.  I didn't, and was excited to learn this information.

Additional Platinum and Gold Membership Benefits:

Guaranteed Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge Access* at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts during normal hours of operations: Monday to Friday. Outside the U.S. and Canada, continental breakfast is available 7 days a week. For JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts without a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, Elite Members will still receive a complimentary continental breakfast for weekday stays, Monday through Friday; simply show Membership Card and room key in the hotel restaurant.

*Not available at resort locations.

Anyway, if you didn't already know that, now you do.  Discovering this information just made my day.  We're staying at the Ren LD in Paris and the Grand Flora in Rome this May/June, and this will save our group a considerable amount of daily coin, in addition to knowing we'll be getting a really outstanding breakfast not just on the weekdays, but the weekends too during our stay!  (While French pastries are to the moon and back, I'm just not one to start my day with a plate full of sugar, butter and white flour!)

Alors... bonjour et bon appetit avec votre petit déjeuner!

Outcomes