platinumstar

Camelback Inn Spa renovation

Discussion created by platinumstar on Apr 2, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2012 by alrenaissance

Am so upset and gutted that for my 9 night stay in July, the Spa at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn will be closed. I use the Spa pool for the tranquility of the place, no kids running around, or noise at all and the Spa facilities are wonderful. Obviously renovations have to take place sometime and in July when its boiling hot I suppose the resort will be quieitish and that probably accounts for the very good rates, however, those rates were in place long before I booked my stay some months ago, so the advantageous rate no longer looks as inviting. To be honest, the Camelback is only one of my 2 all time Marriott favourites (the other being the Marriott Harbor Beach in Fort Lauderdale) and the Camelback is unique.I realise the Harbor Beach is a family resort but again I spend my time round the Spa pool all day which is quiet.  I can cancel the hotel but my flight is booked and paid from London UK to Phoenix and cant be changed. I looked at the JW Desert Ridge and also saw a posting on here which put me off, anyway, it does not look or have the same feel of the Camelback. I am so upset, and having been to the hotel in only December i cant see what major work needs to be done. I dont want to lose my MR points or my nights credit as I am a leisure traveller so am keen to retain my Platinum status, but just dont know what to do. Anyone got any suggestions of a similar property in Scottsdale? I dont just want a run of the mill hotel, the Camelback has casitas rather than floor upon floor of hotel rooms and stunning gardens etc.

Outcomes