psukeith5053

Young (23 Years old) Recent Platinum Member's Experiences

Discussion created by psukeith5053 on Mar 26, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 by tef6178

Hey Everyone,

So as the subject explains, I am 23 and probably one of the youngest platinum members in the program.  I am currently in the middle of a 209 consecutive night stay at the Residence Inn in Tyler, Texas (Nice place and staff, but a terribly boring city (If you want to call it that) to live in.)  I recently took trips to Dallas and New Orleans using Marriott Points that I have accrued, and I'll admit that since I am young, I had low expectations as to how I would be treated as a platinum member.  However, my experiences showed a much different result:

1 Night stay at the Renaissance in Dallas, Texas:

I was staying here with my girlfriend who was flying in to visit, as she lives 1,000 miles away while I am on a temporary work rotation in the financial industry for a Forbes top 50 employer.  I arrived early to check in before she landed and was greeted warmly, after the hotel clerk had looked at his computer and realized that I was a platinum member.  I was given the choice between points and food ( I chose the points), was upgraded to the concierage level with a king sized bed (Lounge not open on weekends), and then directed to the concierage area to help set up my evening.  They did an excellent job of referring us to a nice Italian restaurant, and recommended clubs and bars to got to afterwards.  We were also given a free breakfast buffet at the hotel restarant, which had a nice spread.  Overall, we were very happy with our stay.

2 Night stay J.W. Marriott, New Orleans (Canal Street)

I was here by myself visiting family and friends.  Although it was a little bit of a walk to Bourbon Street, I was still able to find my way back even after a few drinks (Okay maybe more than a few...).  Upon checking in I was given the points bonus AND a free beer AND a cheese and crackers spread.  I was also upgraded to a room with a king sized bed, on the level below the concierage level (Once again the lounge was not open on weekends, which is kind of disappointing).  Although I didn't spend much time in the room, I was impressed with the more luxurious layout, especially in comparrison to most hotels that I have stayed in.  Luckily, I had flown there, otherwise it would have been $35 a night to park, which is a bit steep in my mind.  Overall, once again I was very impressed, more so because of my age.  I had the expectations that I would be treated as if I was mooching off of one of my parent's accounts, or jsut treated differently because I was younger, but I was very happy with both stays, as well as my extended stay at the Residence Inn in Tyler, Texas.

Outcomes