AnsweredAssumed Answered

Marriott beds--all hard?

Question asked by jess on Mar 26, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 27, 2012 by jess

Hi, all. We've stayed at Marriotts in the past, but they weren't our exclusive choice. Recently, we bought a couple of Marriott timeshare weeks, so we've been leaning our travel plans more in the Marriott direction. This past weekend, we stayed at the Wentworth by the Sea, a lovely Marriott property in New Castle, New Hampshire. The place was wonderful, but the bed was uncomfortably hard.

In fact, after our first night, we asked if there were other rooms with softer beds, as both of us were already suffering from back pain from one night on that bed (with two more to go). We were assured that it was "the standard Marriott bed" and that all of the rooms had the same bed. To help us, they brought up an additional comforter, so we could lie on that to give some extra cushioning, but I have to say that I'm thrilled to be back home to my own bed.

The statement that it was the standard Marriott bed has me worried. I can't imagine I wouldn't have noticed this in the past, but has Marriott (recently or otherwise) standardized around some very firm mattresses? Will this be a regular challenge no matter what Marriott I'm in?

Thanks!

Regards,

Jess

Outcomes