jerrycoin

Larkspur, CA, A "Budget" alternative to San Francisco!

Discussion created by jerrycoin on Mar 21, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 by anadyr

If you want to add some "Extra Beauty", as well as a little adventure to your experience while visiting the San Francisco area, consider, Larkspur, Ca.  Recently, tried this for some meetings in the Bay area and it was "Refreshing"!  First of all, I flew into Oakland, took the BART, to SF Pier, and bought a ticket on the Ferry to Larkspur.  Upon arriving in Larkspur, walked off the Ferry to the CY across the street.  It was a wonderful CY, and they gave me a nice upgraded room.  There were places to dine and relax in the area as well.  Then rented a car, and had a wonderful time visiting Tiburon, Sausalito, Muir Woods, and a lovely town I can't remember the name, but Prince Charles had been there, and they were still talking about him.  (Help?, it was a small town with two great places to dine across the street from each other.  It might have been Inverness, it had to be close to there?).

What was especially nice was taking the Ferry, back and forth, from Larkspur to the SF Waterfront.  It was great using the public transportation to enjoy any part of the city you would want to see.  Especially enjoyed all to do at Fisherman's Wharf.  Toured Alcatraz, and enjoyed the Cable Cars.  What was really nice was NO CAR, NO Parking problems or expense, and the Ferry was interesting and an inexpensive way to see the "City on the Bay".

Cost wise the CY was around $150 per night vrs. $450 for The Ritz, or at least $250/night for the JW.  Wish I had more pictures to share with you, but here a few!  It was a wonderful time!

PTDC0010.JPG

My buddy from The Canadian Mint (Also PP), also really enjoyed the area. He did NOT miss the weather in Canada!

PTDC0015.JPG

What a way to see the area!  Love to see "Old Glory", in any town!

Outcomes