iestrikesback

Marina Del Rey (CA) Marriott

Discussion created by iestrikesback on Mar 13, 2012
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2018 by pamelamaesnap

We just recently completed a weekend stay here just prior to me flying out of LAX on business.  The property has modern/hip feel to it, especially the lobby/restaurant/bar area.  We were upgraded to a "Santa Monica View" room on the concierge level, with a spectacular view looking north over Santa Monica Bay.  The room was also very nice with a larger-than-usual bathroom for a standard Marriott, with a glass-doored walk-in shower (no tub).  Shower head was big and came down vertically from the ceiling which was unusual, but very nice.  Standard Marriott beds (great), and a great selection of TV channels.  The concierge lounge was closed for the weekend, but we WERE given vouchers for free buffets (for the 3 in our party) in their restaurant!  It was a pretty typical Marriott restaurant with an omelette bar, etc.  The valets and front desk personnel were all excellent.  You also "text" the valets here to have them get your car, which I haven't seen before.  There is a separate elite check-in area well apart from the main front desk.  We also received an e-mail directly from their primary elite "ambassador" prior to arrival asking when were we coming in, and if there was anything we needed.  The hotel is an easy walk to several good restaurants in Marina Del Rey (Killer Shrimp, for one) as well as Venice Beach, the pier, and some more great restaurants there (C&O Trattoria, C&O Cucina, and 26 Beach, to name a few).

In summary, this is a fantastic place to stay in the area.  It's a quick 10-minute drive to LAX.  Also, especially for elites, it's a better option than the nearby Ritz-Carlton IMO.  For a more detailed comparison, see my review of that property.  Feel free to ask me anything I may have missed!

Outcomes