One night stay - a brief positive experience.
- While I wasn't greeted as a Platinum, when I asked, I was politely upgraded to an (admittedly modest) suite.
- Comfortable bed, excellent work surface, plentiful lighting, modern flat-screen TV, comfortable couch in the (again, modest) sitting room.
- Free wireless or wired Internet.
- In room coffee pot (not just the single-serve job).
- Free, functional, convenient breakfast, including fresh fruit, the classic Marriott waffle-maker, baked goods, boxed cereals, yogurt, etc.
- I needed to print a document in the morning - no charge to use the business center; no charge to print!!! (OK, I like that.)
- At check-in, I was told that my room key would create a nice discount at a number of the local restaurants.
- USA Today downstairs (no WSJ outside the door, but that's no surprise).