I have tried searching for some current information on this but have come up blank. All (old) posts on this topic say the R-C does not award Marriott points for stays but my husband and I recently stayed at one and he says his account was credited the points. I am going to be travelling in the near future and I'm weighing my options. Does anyone know the answers to the following questions:
- Does the Ritz now honour the Marriott Rewards points?
- Do they recognize Platinum Elite members with upgrades?
- Do they provide Club Level access for Platinum Elite members?
- Is there a way to upgrade to Club Level when using Rewards points for a stay?
- I see they have a Rewards program also. Is there any advantage/disadvantage to switching your Marriott Rewards program to their Ritz Rewards program?
Thank you to anyone who can offer any insight into this.