jerrycoin

Parisian Dining, C-E!

Discussion created by jerrycoin on Feb 21, 2012
Latest reply on May 18, 2012 by jerrycoin

Lori,

Again welcome all to contribute to this post!  These are just my opinion based upon my experiences.  I am not a professional, but I did train to cook in France, and was an officer in the French food society.  That just means, "I am not an expert on wine, but can smell, what I don't like"!  Or, as my chef instructor, once said, "Good food deserves Champagne, BAD food DEMANDS it"!

Here are some places you may enjoy, and some I would not recommend;

There is only one thing on the menu here, and you have three choices, rare, medium or well done, but I go on every trip to Paris.  Across from the RER station Port Mallot. Nice long walk from the Marriott C-E, not so far from The Ren. AdT.  Get there early, they also serve lunch, they don't take reservations.  Inexpensive, and great salad and fries, they do bring you comped "Seconds".  A popular place for Parisians.

KIF_0893.JPG

Here's another place that is across the street from the Marriott C-E, that is really good.  This is a photo from inside The Alsace, looking on the C-E.  Note, the Lamb and halibut as well as the French bread.

IMG_1044.JPGIMG_1045.JPGDSCN0080_0066.jpgThese are two very nice "Local" places just a block or so behind The Alsace.  You might have seen one of them in "Midnight in Paris".

IMG_1122.JPGKIF_0958.JPG

Here are a few other places,  If you like real sidewalk places, try a place that sits a few blocks away, behind the C-E.  Likewise, I think Fouquet's is a "Big deal, not worth it.  Other places that are "Big deals" and worth it, Guy Savoy's, La Maree (Seafood), I have posted previous pictures, so will not post them here.  Enjoy!

KIF_0926.JPGIMG_0323.JPG

Outcomes