profchiara

Comped again

Discussion created by profchiara on Feb 14, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 19, 2012 by blissquest

I have been planning two more trips that include Toulouse/Albi and Marseilles/Avignon in the next three months and except for the TLS airport hotel, there are no Marriotts as was true for so many of my trips last year.  There are BW's, but I did some search for more exclusive hotels in the four locations, and Accor hotels (Sofitel, Novotel, Pullman, Ibis, Adagio) came up most often.  So I called and asked if they'd comp me.  They did for a full year as Platinum (highest) without requiring me to make any stays within a certain amount of time, even though I will.

I haven't figured out their point system yet because these will be my first stays, but here is what their A One card promises:

(Platinum - With 60 nights or 25,000 A|Club points).  In practice it looks like many also offer breakfast and most offer free wifi, so at least those of you who stay frequently outside the biggest cities of Europe this could be an option.

- 100% A|Club points bonus for every stay

Exclusive benefits at Sofitel*, Pullman and MGallery hotels.

- Welcome drink and gift

- Room upgrade**

- Late check-out up to 4:00 pm**

- A room always available if you reserve at least 3 days before your arrival.

- A Thalassa sea & spa Institute beauty and treatment product when you stay at Sofitel Thalassa sea & spa

- A welcome gift for any stay of 10 nights or more at Adagio, plus late check-out**

- Dedicated customer service

ProfChiara

Outcomes