kenbryant

Business travelers may want to stay away from the Courtyard City Center in Charlotte, NC

Discussion created by kenbryant on Jan 24, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2012 by eb5147

I had numerous conversations with the Director of Sales on 237 S. Tryon Street.  This situation is this I am a platinum member and I am responsible for managing projects that equates to several thousand nights per year.  I anticipate having 50 or so project colleagues coming in for short term to long term stays this year and 100 or so next year.  I myself expect to be staying full time in Charlotte for the next few years.  I am working with a large global firm and have a number of people needing stays at my direction.  After numerous conversations, I can't get the Director of Sales to honor the corporate rate on a regular and consistent basis.  It is the dead of winter and the worse time of the year for the financial services business.  I have never had anyone so unwilling to work with a rewards member much less with a customer that presents a significant amount of business.  So I am pulling my business and going to the Hilton across the street with a better standard rack rate than corporate discount at the Marriott Courtyard City Center in Charlotte, NC!!!  At the Hilton, I feel both myself and my people will not only be welcomed, but will actually not be treated as an inconvenience.

Outcomes