lakeshore

Points plus euros lament:update further down...

Discussion created by lakeshore on Jan 17, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2012 by tef6178

First, I willtryto keep this short, inhopes that it won't be deleted, like it was last week when I tried to post...We are trying to plan a trip to Paris with our young boys. They are 10, 8, and 2. The 2year old still sleeps in a crib, so we just need 2beds. So, I put 2properties on hold with points, and it is for 15 nights, so not a small amount of points. Ordinarily, there is a space to comment when making the reservation, and I always add that we are traveling with the kids... And request an upgrade. Well, There was not a comment box for either reservation, so I called the Platinum line and asked if they would request(not demand) an upgrade on our reservation(i usually do this too when imake a reservation)The gal said, no she wouldn't because the rooms in Paris only accommodate 2-3people depending on room type. I explained that it has never been aroblem before, and I just wanted her to add the request. She said no, and she would connect me to her supervisor. I was transferred to customer service, who had no idea what our situation was...definitely not her supervisor. Frustrating. Eventually she did put in the request. I will finish This in a response to this post, as I do not want to loose it again. It will address the points plus euros situation...

Outcomes