razorbackfan

NYC Top 10 list-made my list and I'm checking it off

Discussion created by razorbackfan on Dec 21, 2011
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2012 by anadyr

Thanks to all Insiders who gave me suggestions for activities and dining recommendations.  I compiled a list that I'm sure will keep us busy for a week. I'll edit this post as we check off the list.  In no particular order...

(1) Saw the naked cowboy.  He is lucky it is probably over 50 degrees.  I thank Jasper for setting this up.

(2) Saw "Jersey Boys".  Got half-price tickets at tkts for 3rd row front mezzanine. Excellent seats.  Wonderful show.  My husband and I both enjoyed it.

(3) Checked out The Duke for breakfast. Jerry, Barrymore's has closed.

To be continued.

(4) Ate breakfast at the Duke.

(5) Walked to Bryant Park and enjoyed watching the ice skaters and window shopping at the Christmas Marketplace,

(6) Walked to Rockefeller Center to see the Christmas tree.  It was a beautiful day, so we went to the "Top of the Rock".  The views were incredible.

(7) Saw the naked cowboy.

(8) Saw "Mama Mia".  Also got half-price TKTS.  Okay seats.  Wonderful show.

(9)  Saw the naked cowboy.

To be continued

(10) Ate breakfast at Le Pain Quotidien, a French organic bakery.

(11) Walked to Macy's at Herald Square. Enjoyed the window displays, but didn't want to wait in line for 50 minutes to see Santa.

(12) Walked to Lord and Taylor and enjoyed their window displays.

(13) Saw "On a Clear Day" starring Harry Connick, Jr.  We had gotten those tickets online.  The usher moved us down about 12 rows to much better seats.

(14) Tried to win the lottery tickets for "Wicked"....no luck.

(15) Ate dinner at Ellen's Stardust Diner.  Not much of a wait to get in.  Fun.

To be continued.

(16) Enjoyed the Radio Center Christmas Spectacular very much.

(17) Enjoyed a peanut butter toffee bar at Magnolia Bakery.  I, too, wonder how many cupcakes the bakery has to sell to meet their mortgage.  The cupcakes were $3.50 and $4.50, but they would still have to sell a whole bunch of those to make a $40,000 a month mortgage (according to an Insider on a previous post).

(18) Stepping Stones suggested trying a Chipotle Hot Chocolate at Jacques Torre's Candy Factory.  Wow.  It was like drinking a candy bar.  The chai white chocoate hot chocolate was not bad, either.

(19) Went on a 3+ hour Christmas light tour.  Tour went to 2 Brooklyn neighborhoods where many houses have extravagant light displays.  On the return trip, we stopped at the Brooklyn Bridge Park to view the lights in Manhattan.  Awesome view from under the Brooklyn Bridge near the River Cafe that jerrycoin had recommended for a romantic dinner. Probably one of the most romantic spots I've ever seen. Drove down 5th Avenue and enjoyed all the window displays.  We chose to leave the bus at the Rockefeller Center as it returned to midtown.  Traffic was barely moving, partly because of the Christmas Eve service at St. Patrick's Cathedral.

To be continued.    

Outcomes