Just back from a quick stay at the Heathrow Renaissance. Fascinating....
- Much bigger than I expected..
- VERY inexpensive;
- Bonus points for being a level 4 in London - I got one of the nights free with a coupon;
- Just across the street from the airport - you can watch the runway from the concierge lounge - but you "can't get there from here" - it's thru the barbed wire or over hill and dale and around the roundabouts and....
- the hotel recommends the Hoppa bus for a ridiculous 4.5 pounds each way, but
- there are a half-dozen local buses (that stop directly in front of the hotel) that take you to and from the airport for free... it's a tad strange;
- nice concierge lounge, and a perfectly satisfying breakfast... apparently there is no charge for wine or beer - but we never got back in time for evening snacks or desserts (although they seemed to always have apples);
- very helpful staff solved the computer and printer problems - nice folks
- rooms were smallish and the bathrooms were dated, but the robes and the towels and night-time chocolates were all nice touches...