kchandler

European Hotels for Families

Discussion created by kchandler on Dec 7, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2011 by jerrycoin

Our family did a 6 week trip through Europe in 2010 and primarily stayed in Marriotts.  We learned a few things along the way...not all Marriotts are created equal.  I'm listing the hotels we stayed in and how we generally ranking them based on room size, location, cleanliness and family friendliness.  The ranking is 1-5 with 5 being high.

1.  Courtyard Stockholm-5

2.  Renaissance Malmo-4

3.  Hamburg Marriott-4

4.  Courtyard Berlin-3.5

5.  Berlin Marriott-4.5

6.  Dresdin Westin-1.5 (huge disappointment)

6.  Prague Marriott-4.5

7.  The Imperial Riding School Renaissance Vienna-2.5

8.  Salzburg Renaissance-3 (I believe it's changed ownership)

9.  Renaissance Munich-3.5

10.  Zurich Marriott-5

11.  Paris Marriott Rive Gouche-4.5

Most of our family trips had been to Asia so I'm sure our expectations were skewed.  Other than Malmo, I lost confidence in the Renaissance brand in Europe.  The Marriott brand hotels were all nice in very good locations.  The Stockholm Courtyard is under rated.  We have stayed in 50+ Marriott properties around the world and will eventually have a review for all of them based on the family travelers perspective.  So far we have only reviewed the Berlin Marriott and Courtyard Stockholm...more to follow. in the process of writing up hotel reviews for the hotels we've stayed at on our blog: www.worldfamilytravellers.blogspot.com.

I'd be curious to hear what European Marriott hotels others would recommend when traveling with a family....

Outcomes