razorbackfan

Gulf Shores, Alabama

Discussion created by razorbackfan on Dec 2, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 5, 2011 by razorbackfan

We spent one night at the Category 4 Courtyard Gulf Shores Craft Farms on our way home from Pensacola following the Homecoming Show of the Blue Angels at the Naval Air Station.  The hotel is located 3.5 miles from the beach.  When we walked in, the desk clerk was very apologetic saying that they had tried to notify us that the hotel was undergoing renovations.  She was very relieved when we told her that we knew the hotel being renovated.  (We had gotten a phone call from a Gulf Shores number, but they did not leave a message and when I looked up the number it was not the hotel's number--I did not know they actually have several numbers.)  The clerk actually lowered our rate for our inconvenience and told us they were offering a free continental breakfast to everyone.

Our guest room was a typical Courtyard room and was in very good condition.  We will stay there again when we are in the area.  Renovations are scheduled to be completed by January I think.

(We stayed at this Courtyard on Christmas Eve several years ago.  We received a note telling us to put a shoe outside the door.  When we woke up the next morning, our shoes were filled with candy!)

Outcomes