shoeman1000

Lodging in NYC

Discussion created by shoeman1000 on Dec 3, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 by kauairesident

I just had the pleasure of another stay at the Renaissance 57 Hotel in MidTown Manhattan (57th between Park and Lexington).  For those who have not yet experienced this property, it is a beautiful older building that has been renovated beautifully.  Yes, there are quirky shapes and sizes of many of the rooms, but in my opinion, these quirks add to the wonderful ambience of the property.  The locale is fantastic, just two blocks from the best shopping in New York.  Madison Ave shopping is world class.  You are also blocks away from Central Park, Rockefeller Center, St Patrick Cathedral, etc,etc,etc.

I was greeted appropriately as a returning elite member, but alas, no upgrade for me....   I was concerned that the air conditioning system might have been disabled for the season, but my room cooled nicely. Also, due to having been assigned a high floor room not on the street side, my room was quiet and comfortable.  The 3rd floor workout area was very well lit, clean, and all machinery seemed mostly new and in good working order.  The on-site restaurant is a happening place and a great people-watching place.  Across the hall from the Restaurant is the very cool Concierge Lounge.  There are a number of privacy boots with their own flat screen tv as well as a more opened up area with a large screen tv.  The morning attendant is a wonderful woman who goes out of her way to greet you and make you feel as if you are a guest in her home.  The evening attendant is a young man who has more the feel of a bartender in your favorite watering hole.  He remembers your likes and dislikes and begins pouring as you enter the lounge.  I cannot say enough about both of them.  Great Job!  Finally, a shout out to the Concierge.  I found myself in need of a last-minute dinner reservation for my party of 6.  This was Wednesday night, the night Obama, Justin Bieber,and the Tree lighting ceremony were all going on.  He found us a wonderful steakhouse that would take us immediately.  I had tried on my own and could only come up with a secondary choice that would seat us at 9:30 pm, two hours after our intended seating time.  Again, great job!

If ever in NY and you want a cool place to stay, give Hotel 57 a try.  I believe you will like it.

Outcomes