Enjoying a nice evening at the Springhill Suites in Hagerstown, Maryland (just south of the Pennsylvania border).
- Springhill Suites is increasingly winning my loyalty. This is (probably only) the fifth or sixth time I've stayed in one, but:
- They're newer and, often, nicer than the Courtyards, and Courtyard is losing my loyalty by not offering breakfast, etc.
- They offer 10 points per dollar, whereas Residence Inn (my longstanding family favorite) only offers five.
- Comfy room, well, it's actually a mini-suite;
- My son, the hotel snob - yes, Marriott Rewards, you've spoiled my son - pronounced the room "nice";
- Convenient (albeit small) pool and hot-tub, with nice towels;
- Very nice, friendly people at the front desk; and
- they warmly greeted me and thanked me for my Platinum-level loyalty;
- Convenient, easy access off Interstate 81;
- Slightly strange mall location - not only adjacent to the Courtyard, but, literally, in the shopping center mall; and, finally,
- Very reasonable rate.
What more can one ask?