painedplatinum

Ocean City, MD Courtyard

Discussion created by painedplatinum on Nov 19, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 12, 2014 by bejacob

We'll be spending the Thanksgiving week in O.C. this year. Just a one year respite from the hosting responsibilities. We're doing a Sunday to Sunday 4 bedroom condo rental with full kitchen in case some folks follow us down for the Turkey.  We decided to get a jump on the week and checked into the Ocean City Courtyard on Friday.  It sits right on the boardwalk. I believe it's only 2 or 3 yrs. old. This hotel has three floors w/ 91 rooms. Some rooms are direct ocean fronts with modest balconies. Some rooms are ocean view with the same balconies. There is a fourth floor but it consists of 2 and 3 bedroom condos.

The Courtyard is the only Marriott property on this resort island. So... here's the review.

The front desk associate recognized my Platinum status cheerfully upon check-in. Our room included a nice 37 in. flat screen, a half fridge, a microwave, and single cup coffee maker. The bed was extremely comfortable. My profile asks for extra pillows and they were there upon check-in. GOOD STUFF

The coffee maker has come in handy,since the hotel only offers complimentary hot beverages during a few hours in the morning and 5-8 at night. The one cup  brewing is inconvenient with the normal two pods. You can purchase coffee from the on-site restaurant during normal business hrs.  NOT SO GOOD STUFF

The restaurant itself is significantly over priced. The decor is comfortable, the food okay, and the prices reminiscent of NYC.  There are plenty of alternatives for your three squares nearby. NOT SO GOOD.

Parking is complimentary. The pool and hot tub area were sparkling. The housekeeping staff friendly and accommodating.  GOOD STUFF.

The nightly rate was $79-$119. This is a big improvement. The first year or so the hotel was open they tried to maintain resort pricing during the off season. They now have adjusted to be competitive with the Hilton and two Holiday Inn beach properties.  GOOD STUFF

Overall, I would recommend the hotel for location, friendly staff, great ocean views, and price.

Outcomes