brightlybob

Anyone Pre-TIPPLING?

Discussion created by brightlybob on Mar 4, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 30, 2020 by brightlybob

Now we all know that Insiders are gathering for our TripleTIPPLE on Friday 25 and Saturday 26 at the Seattle Westin and if you want to go, get your room reserved by clicking here Triple TIPPLE Hotel and Booking Info and then post a comment by clicking here Triple TIPPLE (Insider Meetup in Seattle) Guest List so we can add you onto the guest list.

But some of us are coming quite the distance crossing several time zones (I’m leaving England at 00:00 Seattle-time arriving at 16:00, crossing 8 time zones in the process) and for a weekend that’s a bit much, so I’m making a long weekend of it, arriving Wednesday and getting out and about on Thursday and I know from the threads that quite a few others are planning a Thursday arrival at Seattle and staying at their own location. Now we did this at DoubleTIPPLE where some of the Thursday arrivals met up in the evening for a Pre-TIPPLE and a happy time was had by all!

Personally I will be Downtown on Thursday burning 50,000 IHG points at the Kimpton Palladian (I’m long in IHG points but short in Bonvoy, and 50k IHG points are worth 35k Bonvoy so represent a good redemption against Bonvoys full service redemptions which all stand at 60k) and amongst those planning to Pre-TIPPLE all the full-service properties have been mentioned as everyone seems to be going to their favourite brand for that night. The Marriott has at least 2 tentative bookings with the Renaissance, Sheraton Grand, W and TIPPLE-HQ Westin being mentioned at least once each. All are the same Category 6 Peak rate at 60,000 points but cheapest cash rates vary with the Sheraton Grand quoting PreTIPPLE Thursday 24th today (6 March) at $258, the Westin at $276; Renaissance at $322, the W is $334 with the Waterfront Marriott coming in priciest at $371. 

Which bar we’ll meet up at and what time isn’t known but I’m very sure some of us will meet up and anyone that wants to Pre-TIPPLE on Thursday the 24th September simply add your reply to this thread and where you’re planning to spend that Thursday night and I’ll add your name to the PreTIPPLE list then we’ll get together for a few hours of lighthearted libations as a precursor to that main TripleTIPPLE weekend.

So SHOUT if you want to PreTIPPLE!

painedplatinum

iahflyr

brightlybob

sledchick

wmrobins

pey

Outcomes