thetradition

Why does this always happen at a Four Points property?

Discussion created by thetradition on Feb 23, 2020
Latest reply on Mar 14, 2020 by techie

Two weeks ago, I stayed at the Four Points French Quarter in New Orleans. 

For some reason, this always happens at Four Points properties. Get back home, and the stay never shows up on the Activity page at the Bonvoy website. The nights toward elite status don't show up, and neither do the points earned.

Bonvoy won't let you report a missing stay until 10 days have gone by. After 10 days, I went to fill out the web form to report the missing stay, but it won't let you do that unless you have a copy of your folio that you can upload. Well, they USUALLY email me my folio, so I don't stand around at the desk waiting for a printed copy. I did ask the desk clerk to email it to me, but that didn't happen.

Anyway, since I didn't have a folio the site told me to contact customer service via another web form.

Filled out the form on Friday night. While I was sleeping, an email reply asked for more information about my stay. I replied with the requested information on Saturday morning. No replies to that all day.

Finally over this situation, I called the Elite Member Customer Service number last night . I explained that I stayed in New Orleans but my stay was never credited. I should have received 3 nights toward elite status, points for the "Make A Green Choice" program for foregoing housekeeping, and I also should have received points for my Welcome Gift.

She clicked around on the computer and said that since I had a stay in New Smyrna Beach on the same date, my stay in New Orleans was not eligible for credit.

WHAAAAT???? I was not in New Smyrna Beach on that date. Then I remembered we stayed there for a one night last month.

She realized her mistake and continued clicking on her computer. Then she had to put me on hold for awhile. She finally came back and said she would get my stay posted. Total time on the phone was 8 minutes.

Today everything is correct. This morning I also finally received an email from Bonvoy saying this:

Dear Mr. Tradition:

Thank you for contacting Marriott.

I am happy to assist you with obtaining a copy of your receipt for your stay with us at Four Points By Sheraton French . I have submitted a request for the receipt to the hotel, and you should receive a copy within three to five days.

If you have additional questions, we are happy to assist you. Also, please remember that a link to our terms and conditions can be found at the bottom of most pages on our website. There you can find the answers to most questions as well as general information on our program and a link to our program FAQ's.

Mr. Tradition, we appreciate you, and thank you for supporting Marriott Bonvoy.

Sincerely,

Pragya R
Marriott Bonvoy Guest Services

It takes three to five days to email my folio? Really???? Which means the total turnaround time is more like five to seven days?

This kinda **** never happens with Hilton Honors, but for some reason, it happens all the time at Four Points properties. I'm Bonvoy Titanium and Hilton Honors Diamond.  I spend 100+ nights in hotels every year.  This doesn't happen at Fairfield Inns, Marriotts, Sheratons, Springhill Suites, Residence Inns, Renaissance, or other properties in the Bonvoy portfolio I have stayed. But almost always at a Four Points. Also with Four Points, when the stay is actually posted, the link to your receipt never works. It just takes you back to the Activity page. Not sure why they can't get their system to work properly.

Then to be accused of staying in two different towns 700 miles away on the same date? Really?

I am posting this in the hopes that the Community Managers can get Bonvoy IT to find out what the bug is with Four Points in their system.  And for the Insiders, always check your activity to make sure you get what you're entitled to, ESPECIALLY if you stayed at a Four Points property. 

Outcomes