houstonfoodandwine

Griffin Lounge Review: JW Marriott Houston Downtown

Discussion created by houstonfoodandwine on Feb 4, 2020
Latest reply on Feb 5, 2020 by houstonfoodandwine

Introduction:

My wife & I had the pleasure of enjoying the Griffin Lounge at the JW Marriott Houston Downtown during one of our 2019 stays at the property. During our multiple visits to the lounge we managed to partake in both the evening hors d’oeurves and Sunday morning breakfast. Each visit was delightful and every food item we tried was worth getting seconds of (or thirds ).

Ambiance:

One thing we enjoyed was the layout of the lounge. Setup as one spacious room with a litany of communal and private seating arrangements, the lounge was full of comfortable lounge chairs and sofas, as well as a cyber lounge for all of your business needs. It was an enjoyable experience to relax in the oversized executive chairs while gazing outside of the large floor-to-ceiling windows down onto the busy streets below. Being surrounded by the large buildings of downtown also gave this lounge an exceptionally exclusive feel – business on the outside and relaxation on the inside.

Food:

One thing you can always count on when it comes to the JW Marriott concept is high-quality culinary options, and this lounge offered just that. From the hors d’oeurves served in the evenings to the delightful breakfast served in the mornings, the food was all fresh and delicious.

Service:

As I’ve come to expect with JW Marriott the service in the lounge was just as good as the service down in the lobby, or at the main restaurant. The lounge attendants were pleasant and seemed to enjoy their time spent taking care of guests’ needs, and there was never a shortage of fresh food and beverages, or clean seating.

Overall Impressions:

The Griffin Lounge at our very own JW Marriott Houston Downtown was certainly one of my favorite lounge experiences and, at the time of this writing, ranks as my no. 1 experience with lounges at JW properties. The spaciousness, the exclusivity, the delicious food, and the friendly staff, all of which makes this lounge an easy recommendation for future travelers.

SEE MY FULL REVIEW OF THE HOTEL HERE.

Outcomes