jamesthurbin

Khalid in Courtyard Marriott Berlin

Discussion created by jamesthurbin on Jan 23, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 23, 2020 by communitymanagers

I would like to commend Khalid in Berlin, a fabulous member of your staff.  I will give details below.

My daughter decided to take a mini break in Berlin with her friend and I recommended the Marriott; she selected the Courtyard in Berlin.

We received a distressing call from her at 2am back in London. She was in floods of tears and could hardly speak. She was completely lost in Berlin, everywhere was closed, no cars or taxis anywhere and she was near a canal. Her friend, I'm afraid to say was rather unwell (through careless drinking) and was practically passed out and lying on the floor, unable to walk. My daughter was freezing cold, lost and very afraid and feared being alone as a  female in a dark, quiet unfamiliar place. My wife, upon receiving her call was now terrified and we felt helpless from a thousand miles away. We could think of nothing to help, we considered calling the local police to find her. Then I thought of the Marriott. I called the reception of her Hotel, the Courtyard Marriott, Berlin

I spoke with the receptionist Khalid. He could detect my distress and immediately told me that all would be OK, the Marriott will help and he will find my daughter. He asked for her number and he called her. In short, he found her location through apps on her phone, organised a taxi and got her back to the Hotel. At every stage he updated me in London of progress right up to confirming she was in her room and safe.

I cannot begin to explain the relief we felt. Khalid was absolutely superb and represents all the very best in Marriott staff. He was calm, thorough, professional and extremely helpful. My daughter has certainly learned lessons form this experience(!), one of which is always stay at the Marriott.

I am a Silver Marriott rewards member myself and I feel so grateful that my daughter stayed at a Marriott. I will never forget the service you provided my family last night. Please thank Khalid for me and please do reply and confirm that this message has been received and passed on. Thank you again, so very much.

James Thurbin

Outcomes