ca6440

Courtyard charge 54hrs BEFORE reservation

Discussion created by ca6440 on Jan 7, 2020
Latest reply on Jan 7, 2020 by ca6440

My Marriott branded credit card sends an email for EVERY charge, usually w/in5 minutes.  So, a Marriott Courtyard charge 2 days ago for a 2 night reservation tomorrow was baffling. (Not a resort & no cancellation). Was it a hack from several December stays, or perhaps even earlier?  No location/city was listed on the email nor CCard website, so after ringing the CCard, I learned it was Courtyard Salt Lake City (downtown).  I rang the property and was advised as they have many overbookings & no shows with invalid CCard # they’ve started running the card early.  Whoa, with NO notice they charged my card & I had NO idea which Courtyard and nearly called CCard security to report the card hacked. 

This Courtyard is DIRECTLY across from the big sports/event arena, it is obvious there may be an excess of no shows & late cancellations. I’ve many SLC meetings and have stayed at this property about 8x since it opened 3yrs ago) & rarely pull status but!, as a Life Time Platinum & current Titanium, this had NEVER happened before at ANY property. It should be on the property website.  It involved a call to the CCard & property which took longer to explain than a simple email w/ the new policy of prospectively charging the card. Is this a trend?

Outcomes