wbarrett

2019 for a new Insider - 214 Nights what a journey

Discussion created by wbarrett on Dec 31, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 31, 2019 by verysuiteboy

The year about to end and this is my first year putting real effort into which Marriott Property I stayed, I admit, I wish I had more knowledge I would have planned and stay at better brands, and more Autograph Collections.

As of Dec 30th, I have accumulated 214 nights with enough spending to reach the ambassador Elite level.

My Personal opinion on being ambassador, which I reach in Oct, I was excited, but it was short lived, my next stay was at Key West Beach Resort, when I got to the room, was two bottle of wine and cheese platter. The status was not fully planned out in my personal opinion.

Below are my personal ratings based on my personal experiences for the year 2019.  I would rate the Q&C HotelBar New Orleans, Autograph Collection®      as the best overall experience at a Marriott Property.

The Best Welcome Gift, Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, even better than the Ritz Carlton, the name tag was dope at the Ritz thou.

Overall cleanest property, TownePlace Suites Port St. Lucie I-95 disclaimer they were only 3 days old when I stayed there, so everything was fresh out of the box

Throughout the year, I have some not so good experiences with mostly checking in, but the I would say the next hotels stand out as making sure my experiences got worst as the seconds ticked on, Vistana Beach Club and San Francisco Marriott Fisherman's Wharf.

Best Friday night experience at a hotel without going to the club. AC Hotel Kingston, Jamaica and Aloft Sarasota

Easiest to deal with for reservation and changes, Renaissance Walnut Creek Hotel

Biggest Disappointment in hospitality - Le Méridien Dallas, The Stoneleigh, not sure they got anything right.

Happy New Year to all fellow lovers of Marriott Brand and hope to see you all posting next year.

WB.

Outcomes