AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dispute TIER NIGHTS

Question asked by j512cla on Dec 18, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 18, 2019 by brightlybob

I have attempted to reach out through phone and social media to file a dispute. This concern pertains to a two night stay at Cosmopolitan Marriott Las Vegas. With as much as I stay at Cosmopolitan and with as much I paid to enjoy Wicked Spoon, STK and the Juice Bar, and as much as I gamble I earned either complimentary stays or discounted room rates, in order to earn you must also sign up as a Cosmopolitan Identity Member. Being both Marriott and Identity Member. Oh by the way, you are allowed to transfer your marriott points over to Identity to gamble! I have been told because I’m a Platinum member which I get recognized for at Marriott Cosmopolitan I’m given bottles of water, Wi-Fi is a given. Now that you’ve been brief.  

. I totally understand I am not earning points for Comp Stays but I was informed by the staff at Cosmo at Checkin and upon checking out,  I would only earn my Tier night stays. I was reading your section: A “Stay” is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Property by a Member who: (A) provides his/her Membership Number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (B) pays a Qualifying Rate or redeems a Points redemption Award or a “PROMOTIONAL Award”for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If a Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same Participating Property within 24 hours, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Stays and issuing Member benefits. 
On ( B)a promotional stay, isn’t my nights of Oct 30-Nov 1st consider the meaning of promotional stays? 

I presented my credit card, along with my Marriott Rewards number as stated in section A and definitely abide to section C as well. On Monday I spoke to Brandon and Delorea in Guest Services and stated they would look into it as well. Delorea, stated this happens a lot with Marriott Bonvoy members and their identity members. For future and to clarify if I earned comp nights they be useless if I can’t earn my Tier nights and not earn any benefits by staying at Cosmopolitan, is that correct?  Did this change upon the merger with SPG

Once again, A “Stay” is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same Participating Property by a Member who: (A) provides his/her Membership Number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (B) pays a Qualifying Rate or redeems a Points redemption Award or a “PROMOTIONAL Award” for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms.

Prior to booking and reserving the room I contacted Marriott Elite Platinum Guest Care Supervisor Tawanda  to confirm if I would earn TIER NIGHT STAYS, she 110% assured me. So then I contacted directly Cosmopolitan and booked my room, at that time I asked again.  Was told I would not earn points but I should earn nights stays. My reply was if I had known after all these years I could be earning TIER nights stays, I would definitely make it a point to be in Vegas every two-three months and never had a clue I could use my comp nights and still earn at least TIER Nights to go towards my elite status. Now for sure I would make it a point to do so. Upon, my arrival on Oct 30 through Nov 1, 2019 my nightmare would start.  When checking in the gentleman at guest services made sure my marriott rewards number was on my room, and so I can earn TIER night stays, no points, no bonus points just TIER nights to go towards my rewards. He assured me!!!!’  Upon, checking out the front desk lady once again assured me. So from a Supervisor at Guest care to the hotel every single person stated the same thing, 6 yes 6 people all told me the same!!!! Then upon my return I noticed I NEVER got my Tier nights. 

Please review and comply to my Tier nights stays to be earned so I can renew my Platinum Status. Much appreciated and consideration 

Sincerely 

JoAnn L

Texas 

Outcomes