AnsweredAssumed Answered

Differing cancellation conditions at W Verbier - what to do?

Question asked by northorsouth on Dec 17, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 27, 2019 by brightlybob

Hi,

I have made a booking at the W in Verbier in February. It's a points plus cash booking and my cancellation conditions at the time of booking, on the email confirmation, and on my Bonvoy account say that I can cancel up to 2 days before arrival without penalty.

The hotel sent me an email saying they were looking forward to me arriving but 'for the avoidance of doubt' their cancellation terms were 30 days before arrival and if I cancelled within that period then they would make a full cash charge. I sent them an email back saying this had actually created doubt because my account and confirmation email said cancellation up to 2 days before arrival would be at no charge. They have replied back to say their cancellation policy in February has always been 30 days before arrival for all rates booked and they are basically saying they won't agree to 2 days before arrival.

I don't expect to cancel (who does really?) but the hotel are contradicting the terms which Marriott allowed me to book with.

And it kind of puts me off them anyway....if I tried to get the community managers or Marriott corporate to intervene then perhaps they'd treat us really badly with the worst room in the hotel and so on. I'm not sure whether to reply back to the hotel or how to proceed now.

Has something similar happened to anyone else? What did you do?

Thanks for any advice.

Outcomes