As the travel year is coming to an end, I've totaled up my Points earnings this year. I decided to track all my travel earnings in a spreadsheet this year (hotel, airline & rental car) to make sure that I was receiving the earned points and also to give me the ability to project both status levels and points that we would have available to apply towards future personal travel.
- For Marriott, I started the year off as Platinum, so I was able to maximize points earning throughout the entire year. If all goes well, I'll end the year as Ambassador.
- Delta, I started the year off as Gold Medallion and only achieved Platinum status in October. This did hurt some of my Skymiles earning.
- National Car Rental, I started the year off as Executive Elite (5 rental periods for 1 free day), so I was able to maximize my earnings there as well.
This was my busiest year of work travel in the last 6 years, and along with it, I also redeemed a lot of Bonvoy Points, Skymiles and Free rental car days on trips with my wife. I earn 'em, we burn 'em :-)
This year we flew to Charlotte for 12 days on points/miles/rental days, Phoenix for 7 days on points/miles/rental days and also took a couple of other weekend trips that were covered by points. We also "donated" some Bonvoy Points and SkyMiles to our kids this year.
We already have a head start on next year with:
- 7 nights in California in March: Bonvoy, SkyMiles and rental car days already redeemed
- 6 nights in Daytona, Florida in August - Bonvoy points redeemed, but this is a placeholder - the trip might not happen
- 5 nights in South Carolina in September: Bonvoy Points and Skymiles already redeemed
- 5 nights in North Carolina in October: Bonvoy points and Skymiles already redeemed
Yes, they are all once again trips to new NASCAR tracks for us, or in the case of Charlotte in October, a new race (The Roval race). This is in addition to our races that we'll drive our RV to - the EPIC double header weekend at Pocono Raceway in June, and the July race weekend at New Hampshire Motor Speedway - after 9 years our name finally made it off the waiting list for a prime RV spot overlooking the race track.
I hope that your earnings went well this year, and that you're finding a way to use them for great redemption's with family and friends!
|Base Points||198,671||198,671||*Note: $181 spend adjust no points awarded|
|Welcome Gift||35,525||383,199||Titanium Status Earnings Total|
|1,500 Pts Promo||10,500|
|9,000 For You||9,000|
|2x Points Promo||45,546|
|adjustments||4,639||121,435||Promos, Bonuses & Adjustments Total|
|504,643||504,643||Year End Total Bonvoy Points|
|Marriott Nights (In Hotel)||110|
|Elite Night Bonus (Promo)||25|
|Total Elite Nights`||135|
|Marriott Spend *estimated||20,048.06|
* One more trip on the books, estimating room and food charged to room
|Delta Miles Flown||84,419|
|Delta Skymiles Earned||139,293|
|National Car Rental Instances||74|
|National Car Rental Days||148|
|National Free Days Earned||15|
|National OneTwo Free Days Earned||14|
|Points Spend - 2019 Trips|
|Points Spend - 2020 Trips||385,000|
|Total 2019 Points Spend||777,500|
|Bonvoy Points End of Year Balance||109,343|
|Delta Skymiles End of Year Balance||14,293|
|National Free Days End of Year Balance||0|
|National OneTwo Free Days End of Year Balance||8|