AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to contact Marriott Corporate complaints department?

Question asked by radarb82003 on Dec 3, 2019
Latest reply on Dec 6, 2019 by j&c

Good Evening,

I would like to share my disappointing experience with service at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property on 11/16-11/17. I reserved a room (reservation #98614030) for my parents as a combination 55th wedding anniversary present and thank-you for picking me up from a cruise. I called the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property before they checked-in to add my father’s name to the reservation. I explained the situation and that I would be unreachable due to being on the cruise. I was assured by the front desk employee of the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property that they had entered notes in the system and my parents would not have a problem.

The experience my parents had was nothing short of atrocious, I would never of expected a Marriott, especially not a category 5 property reserved by a Bonvoy member.  When my parents arrived on 11/16 to check into the hotel, the front desk was unable to find the reservation despite them having the reservation number (#98614030).  A manager was not called to assist for nearly 30 minutes. The manager who arrived finally went into the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property system and found the notes concerning my parents. At that time, my parents were informed that despite having a reservation that no king rooms were left, the only option was a room with 2 double beds. I would expect this if a customer did not have a reservation, however they did (reservation #98614030).

When my parents finally made it up to their room, yet again they were confronted with disappointment. Not only did the room have only two double beds, but due to ongoing renovation at the hotel, they were not only unable to open the balcony door, let alone use the balcony. Nowhere on the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property website does it indicate that this hotel is having a renovation. Nor did any employee of the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property indicated during any conversations that construction was going on.   If I had known that the hotel was under construction and that it would adversely affect my parents stay, which it surely did, I would have booked at another Marriott property for my parents. The stay at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property for my parents was nothing but frustration and disappointment from beginning to end.

On 11/20, I noticed my credit card had been charged by the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property for over $300. Yet, I had still not received a bill either via email or on my Bonvoy account. I decided to contact the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property to let them know of my frustration as well as to obtain a copy of the bill. When I asked the receptionist for a manager, I was immediately put on hold and then transferred to a voice mail box. I left a message to call me back with my contact information. I then reached out to Marriott customer service with my concerns. They were able to open a case (#187112861) regarding my concerns. They were able to provide me with a copy of the bill. To my surprise, the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property had charged me twice for valet services at $34.00 each. Per your website, the valet is $30.00. Again, another step in the ongoing process that was incorrect and had led to increased concerns.

To date (12/03/19), it has been 8 business days and I have still not had any contact with the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property. They have not reached out by phone or email.  I understand, that they have 3-5 business days to reach out, but I am flat out disappointed by how I am being treated, how my parents were treated, and by the continued dismissive nature of how the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property is treating a valued Bonvoy member.  The only contact I have received so far from the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property has been a system generated email from the Manager apologizing and asking for us to try them again if we are in the area. We will never stay again at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property ever again, nor will I or my parents recommend the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay property to anyone. This property is memorable for all the wrong reasons, not the least of which is the negative impact on what should have been a wonderful wedding anniversary experience I am shocked that a Marriott of any kind would have such disrespectful and dismissive customer service (term used very loosely).  Let me say finally that I am left with much concern about any future reservations I make through any of your properties

Thanks,

Maggie Miller

Outcomes