painedplatinum

All Brands Not Meant For Everywhere

Discussion created by painedplatinum on Nov 20, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2019 by globaltreker

I was fiddling around and searching for a site that listed all new Marriott properties planned or soon to open. I used to be able to find this, but can't recall exactly where.  Well, during my search, I came across a Marriott International Development site. This site appears to be for investors and prospective builders/owners of hotels. Marriott breaks their territories into five...North America (USA and Canada), Caribbean and Latin America (Mexico and south), Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.

I also find interesting the available brands for each of these territories. None of the five list Design or Vacation Club as available brands. I suspect this is because both of these are outside the normal Marriott umbrella. Besides these two, each area has at least one of the other 28 brands not available for development.

North America..... can't build a Protea or a Marriott Executive Apartments

Caribbean and Latin America... no Protea, Gaylord, Springhill Suites, or TownePlace Suites

Europe....no Fairfield Inn, Gaylord, Protea, SpringHill Suites, or TownePlace Suites

Asia Pacific...no Gaylord, Protea, Residence Inn, Springhill Suites, or TownePlace Suites

Middle East and Africa...Gaylord, Moxy, SpringHill Suites, or TownePlace Suites.

I'd be interested in reading my fellow Insider's theories on why certain brands are not seen by Marriott as winners in certain territories.

Outcomes