pat2927

Hotels no longer part of Marriott Year end clean up?

Discussion created by pat2927 on Nov 19, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2019 by globaltreker

Seems like it's approaching year end and some hotels are no longer part of Marriott - this is my third email today. Anyone have the same experience? I am thankful for the long notice so I can go elsewhere though!

Our records indicate that you have a future Marriott Bonvoy Award Stay redemption reservation at the Westin Prince, Toronto.  Effective December 18, 2019, the hotel will no longer be associated with Marriott, but will continue normal operations.

ACTION REQUIRED:

·         If you wish to maintain your reservation at the property, which will no longer be affiliated with Marriott, you must complete the following step:

o   Contact our Loyalty Customer Care Office at (800) 627-7468 after December 18, 2019 to order a new certificate.

o   The electronic certificate attached to your original reservation will be cancelled, and a cancellation notice will be sent. 

o    The Loyalty Office will then deduct the points from your account and provide a new certificate number directly to the property.

·         If you wish to cancel or seek alternate Marriott accommodations:

o   Prior to December 18, 2019 call Marriott’s worldwide reservations at (800) 228-9290 or utilize www.Marriott.com.

o   After December 18, 2019 contact the Loyalty Customer Care Office at (800) 627-7468 and the hotel at (416)444-2511.

o   Per the cancelation policy, fees will be assessed for one night’s stay for reservations cancelled less than three days prior to arrival.

·         After December 18, 2019 if you have any further questions or wish to reconfirm your stay, please call the hotel directly at (416)444-2511.

Since the hotel will no longer be affiliated with Marriott, you will not receive member benefits or amenities, nor will you earn Marriott Bonvoy points or Elite night credits.

For guests wishing to utilize Marriott Gift Certificates, Incentive Awards, or Gift Cards, this property will be unable to accept these as a method of payment. The only certificate that will be honored is the electronic certificate associated with your Marriott Bonvoy Award Stay reservation.

Outcomes