wannabetitanium

Hotel Review Renaissance Times Square

Discussion created by wannabetitanium on Nov 19, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 19, 2019 by wannabetitanium

Hello Folks. Since NYC is a popular destination and I’ve seen where to stay in NY posted just thought I’d post a review on Renaissance Times Square. 

first let’s get the one negative out of the way. The lounge is closed on the weekend. You get 1K points per day on days the lounge is closed. 

I loved the location. I am sure NY regulars or locals would question staying in Times Square but for a first timer and tourist like myself the location was perfect.  We were able to walk to Madison square Garden for a Knicks game, Central Park, Bryant Park, Rockefeller, Fifth Avenue, Grand Central, etc. Subway was close by for further trips, we went out to see the 9/11 museum which was a memorable experience I would recommend. It is also just on the outskirts of Times Square so you can walk out easy or be dropped off by a cab without going into the thick of it like the Marquis. 

The R Lounge provides quite the view of Times Square while enjoying drinks or breakfast. This is on the lobby level 2nd floor, surrounded by windows for a good view from any seat. There was a good atmosphere Friday and Saturday night at the bar. 

The rooms were nice and also a good size. This must have been recently renovated because the rooms seemed fresh and well kept. 

all the staff were very friendly and helpful. I enjoyed a BONVOY Member exclusive cocktail from the bar keep. (Actually a whiskey sour but it shows as a member exclusive on menu). 

I would certainly recommend the hotel especially on the weekdays when the lounge is open. If your are going on the weekend just be aware the lounge is closed and you will not be provided breakfast. 

Safe travels my fellow insiders. 

Outcomes