mmwhitacre

Review

Discussion created by mmwhitacre on Nov 8, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 11, 2019 by nipper

I've been a Marriott customer for approximately 24 years and have never been disappointed until this past summer.  I started planning our vacation in January 2019 making reservations in Jackson, TN; Roanoke, VA; Washington, DC; Jacksonville, NC; and Birmingham, AL, for our trip beginning June 26, 2019 through July 8, 2019.

The first stop was a nightmare.  When we arrived at the Residence Inn Jackson, TN with a rate of  $155.09 plus free breakfast, we were told they had overbooked and they had moved us across the highway to the Courtyard where total rate was $205.40 plus we had to spend money for breakfast the next morning.  That is $50.39 more than planned for plus beakfast.  Neither place would refund us the difference even though I explained I had made my reservations in January so I wouldn’t have any problems.  Also I had booked a room with Walk-in-shower for my husband who is disabled and cannot get into bathtub even with a transfer chair.  The hotel we were moved to did not have a room with walk-in shower.  No bath for him.

Our next stop at Residence Inn Roanoke Airport was as booked and a very pleasant stay as was our stay at the Courtyard Washington, DF/Foggy Bottom.

When we arrived at TownePlace Suites Jacksonville, Jacksonville, NC on July 3, 2019 we were told they had let the only Handicap Roll-in-Shower room to a lady in October 2018 after the hurricane and thought she would be out by the time we showed up, but she had not left yet.  The total rate there was $372.90.  On July 2, 2019 I  received a Mobile Alert for Mobile Check-In, obviously not right.  They did not try to contact me or anything to let me know there might be a problem so they booked me a room at the Fairfield with a total rate of $616.62, a difference of $233.72 more.  I spoke to both hotels and neither was willing to make up the difference.  I will say we stayed an extra night of which I was willing to pay for at the rate.  I called Marriott Customer Service on several occasions and spoke to Heather who kept saying she would get back to me but never did.  I always had to call.  Finally I conversed via email with Natalie Tayman from TownePlace Suites and she thought she had everything worked out but here I sit waiting for my credit card to be credited but it never has been. 

As I said at the beginning, I’ve always been loyal to Marriott but if I don’t receive what is due me, then I have stayed the last time at one.  We were on a tight budget for the trip.  I tried not to let all the mishaps ruin it for me but there were some things I would like to have purchased on this trip but couldn’t because I had to spend more than budgeted for at Marriott Hotels

I definitely would not recommend to friends or family.

Outcomes