pat2927

A desk for business needs

Discussion created by pat2927 on Oct 16, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 18, 2019 by flowerdrumsong

The Calgary Marriott was one of the first Marriott hotels to undergo the new "Marriott look' a few years ago. This means a cleaner and sleek look and getting rid of all the desk and chairs in the rooms. The look was supposedly for the 'hip & Chic".  I stayed there just after a week after the renovations were completed a few years back. On a business trip with tons of files to reviews etc and when I walked into the room I was shocked.

I was told that it was the new Marriott brand design to which I asked which business person told you they do not want a desk to work? I was told that the sofa and little 'mini-desk ( to your right) was the new standard. Wrong.

After my feedback, I know they were not going to change back the entire hotel for me, but glad to say that each time I keep going back ( many times) as long as my reservations are made in advance, they bring up a desk & chair for me (to your left) and I so appreciate it. I did try this sofa thing but not ergonomically great for someone doing work with tons of papers and files.

What are your preference when on business? A standard desk or would you have settled for this new sofa style design? This Marriott is truly one of the best - location, staff, service and a superb M lounge. Breakfast is a real deal here with variety and choices. Being Elite has it's awesomeness Excellent staff too. I just wish they had it on the top floor with a nice view of the River!

Outcomes