brightlybob

Lounge Review Marriott Bristol City Centre

Discussion created by brightlybob on Oct 5, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2019 by siliconvalleyplat

Where are you, Bob? ..............................Marriott Bristol City Centre

And what's the lounge like? On the Terrace Floor, a nice size, its busy but can cope with the numbers.

Hows the evening food? 2 hot dishes of Pizza and Satay chicken one night, Pizza and hot prawns the other with salad, breads and several cheeses. Not the widest choice but regularly replenished

Any free alcohol? Yes. A couple of buckets with Becks, Stella and wine, all regularly replenished. Help yourself! Don't mind if I do, hic!

Whats the hours? Breakfast 06:00-10:00 and evening service 17:00-21:00. Open for soft drinks, snacks and coffee machine 6am-midnight.

And are they being meanies and closing the lounge at weekends? Nope, nice people, breakfast and evening offerings 7 days/week here!

How about Plat/Titan breakfast? What a good idea, I'm feeling a bit peckish. One of the best lounge breakfasts I’ve seen outside Asia with good selection of breakfast items, both hot and cold. 

Upgrades? This place has very few suites so its not surprising I’ve never had a suite upgrade here! But upgraded to a spacious “Superior” room 

Comments... This hotel seems to be undergoing a “minimum-disturbance” refresh which is certainly due. As a result the lounge has been somewhat reduced in size, although it was always way too big for the visitors. This place now has large floor to ceiling windows overlooking a Terrace which I’m sure is very nice in the summer.

Friendly, welcoming and hardworking staff, nicely set up, good breakfast, 4 hours of free booze, good evening offerings and open 7 days. This ticks all the boxes.

SO... I'm sat in the Exec lounge at the Bristol City Centre Marriott and its Fabulous

Outcomes