bacon14

Prince de Galles, Paris France

Discussion created by bacon14 on Oct 4, 2019
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2019 by bacon14

September 2019 5 night stay at the Price de Galles in Paris France

I decided to finally pull the trigger on a long overdue trip to France with my mom.  First stop would be Paris and I spent hours pouring over insider blogs, posts and comments in regards to Paris and where to stay.  Bottom line, the Prince de Galles was running $900 US a night and pre-category change 5 nights would run me 240k points.  I figured this was a decent burn rate and my mom would love the Price de Galles.  Threw down 5 suite night awards and honestly wasn't really expecting them to come through but was certainly hoping.

Exactly 5 nights before our trip, I woke up to find (not that I was obsessively checking) our suite night awards clearled to the Macassar with View 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, City view room.  

We arrived into Paris around 9:30 am Monday morning and finally arrived to the hotel around 11 am.  I had no expectation that our room would be ready and was prepared to just drop bags and head out.  First impressions, everyone was so nice (I looked a hot mess after a long day of travel) but honestly everyone at the hotel couldn't have been nicer.  As we checked in, I'm thanked for my status and hear the magic words one can only hope for ...... your room is ready!  Laura one of the concierges then takes us up to our suite to show us around.  

A few pictures of the living room with fireplace.  The minibar was fully stocked, but I got extremely excited for the glassware!  Wine glasses, champagne glasses, highball glasses, espresso glasses.  Lots of free bottled water throughout as well.

Not pictured are the TWO walk in closets.  

We had a huge bathroom with plenty of fancy soaps.

As we settled in there was a knock at the door and Laura had sent up a few goodies for us.

Fueled up on macaroons we headed out to the streets of Paris.

Location - I actually thought it was a great location for a first trip to Paris.  Very close to the George V metro station which got us all the places we wanted to go easily.  Only one line which made it less stressful than some of the large metro stations.  Not a bad walk from the hotel to the Eiffel tower either.

Added bonus, the hotel is next to the Four Seasons and walking back one night this bad boy was parked in front.  Mom got quite a laugh as myself and several teenage boys lost our marbles

Breakfast - Continental breakfast for Platinum/Titanium is included and the only service aspect I found lacking/odd.  Our first morning we arrived around 9:45 and had a short wait, no problem.  After being seated I tried to catch someone's attention for coffee and tea several times but no one would look our way.  I got up and asked a few staff who said they would let their colleague know.  Finally the table next to us flat out told their waiter we needed help and he finally took our request for coffee/tea.  Although I still had to ask twice more for the tea, it did finally arrive.  Turns out the dining room is divided in half and if you are seated in the middle, you can forget either side wanting to own you.  Breakfast is supposed to go until 11 however they started clearing items around 10:30.  We also found that many things were not replenished as they ran out.  I had to ask 3 times one morning for butter since they had run out but no one proactively would restock it.  However one morning we were down when they opened at 7 am and had a completely different experience, even served us water and asked if we wanted eggs. The continental breakfast was an assortment of cold meats, cheeses, some fruit, breads and juices.  Absolutely plenty but I'm not sure I would say worth the 39 Euro price tag if it's not included in your rate.

For a special trip, this hotel delivered in every way possible and I'd love the chance to stay again in the future.

Happy travels!

Outcomes