sledchick

Hotel Review:  Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre

Discussion created by sledchick on Oct 1, 2019

Courtyard Scranton Wilkes-Barre Review

This Courtyard is in a great area, at the base of Montage Mountain which is directly off of I-81 in Northeast PA.  It's convenient to the ball park, ski area, golf course and shopping.  There are two other Marriott properties located nearby within walking distance and I have stayed at both of those, but this one felt tranquil as the landscaping and terrain hides the other buildings and construction going on -- it was an oasis!

Although the hotel was somewhat busy, our room was quiet and so were the hallways.  Everything was clean and comfy in our room.

We opted for the $10 F & B credit and had a delicious breakfast that was quick to come out of the kitchen and artfully presented.

I highly recommend this property.  I stay in this area of PA at least 6 times per year and will be back again next trip.  For those exploring the area, Steamtown National Historic Site is run by the U.S. National Park Service and is located very close by (trains rides, a mall, historic downtown Scranton buildings).  Steamtown National Historic Site (U.S. National Park Service)  Another area attraction is the Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour which my family loved.  The ball team is the Scranton Wilkes-Barre RailRiders | MiLB.com.  This area has a lot to offer and is a convenient overnight stay when traveling through the Eastern U.S.

Outcomes