greekbecky

My Account Was Hacked on 9/22/19

Discussion created by greekbecky on Sep 25, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 29, 2019 by pat2927

Hey folks...better keep any eye on your Marriott account!  My account was hacked by some disgusting individual who transfered a total 300K points to airline miles in two chunks on the same day, 9/22/19.  The first chunk of points was 60K, then when it worked, the person decided to go in for a second helping and transfer another 240K to airline miles.  The person also changed my email address to:  jinubidecan2@yahoo.com.  I called customer support at 10PM tonight and spent an hour setting up a fraud case to dig into how this happened.  I changed my password as well.  I also noticed one of my certificates for a free night is missing, but I don't know if it is related to the points stolen by the hacker.

The Marriott representative was very kind and attentive which is what I needed, because I can't stand people who feel entitled to help themselves to things (in this case my points) they've not earned.  I'm told my points will be restored in 3-5 days.  We store our credit cards in our profile, now I have to check that.  Has anyone else been hacked lately?  If so, what was your experience?

Outcomes