Good Morning Insiders,
First and foremost I wanted to say that this brief post is nothing more than an FYI that may be useful to some and completely irrelevant to others.
I was pleasantly surprised yesterday when I discovered that The Ritz-Carlton credit card is actually still obtainable. While this may not be news to some of you, and also acknowledging that this credit card might otherwise be unimpressive to some of you, I for one lamented discovering this card in 2018 all of a few days before it closed for new applications. Said card embodied (and still embodies) a multitude of things I look for in a premium travel card and so when I discovered that it was possible for current cardholders of a Marriott consumer credit card to initiate what Chase calls a "product change," thus allowing said user to exchange their current Marriott card for the Ritz card, I quickly jumped on the opportunity to do so. My first Marriott card was the Marriott Rewards Premier Plus, which later turned into the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless. I had already made it up in my mind that I would obtain the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card in 2020 so the timing of the news that a Ritz card could be obtained by simply exchanging my Boundless for it was, in my opinion, a no-brainer (for me) as the Ritz card is very similar to the Brilliant, though not identical.
In closing, perhaps some of you out there are intrigued by this news and may even initiate a product change for yourselves.
- 6x Points - Marriott Bonvoy Purchases
- 3x Points - Dining, Car Rentals, Airline Purchases
- 2x Points - All Other Purchases
- Annual Free Night Reward (Valued at 50,000 Points)
- Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status
- 15 Elite Night Credits Each Calendar Year
- 3 Ritz-Carlton Club Level Upgrades Each Year
- $100 Ritz-Carlton and St. Regis Property Credit
- Spend $75,000 Each Year to Obtain Platinum Elite
- $300 Annual Airfare Incidental Travel Credit
- $100 Airline Credit on Qualifying Itineraries (No Annual Limit)
- Priority Pass Lounge Access
- Global Entry Application Fee Statement Credit
- Extensive Travel & Purchase Protections
- Exclusive Access to J.P. Morgan's Premium Concierge
Below are some photos of the unboxing once I received it. The card is the same weight as the Chase Sapphire Preferred / Reserve, and old Marriott Rewards Premier Plus, all wrapped in an elegant presentation.