gpiraino

Try this "Hidden Gem" next time you are in New England...

Discussion created by gpiraino on Sep 10, 2019

#Try this "Hidden Gem" next time you are in New England!

My family and I have been enjoying #Wentworth By The Sea Hotel for well over 10 years now. The property is simply beautiful and so rich with history. It's also special to me as my mother worked there when she was in high school so it was nice to take her back when it re-opened in 2003.

We have always enjoyed our visits. @Jason Bartlett is the GM. He leads a great team and runs a wonderful property. I can't imagine it's easy running a resort when you have to ramp up and train a new team every summer while upholding the high customer service standards of this amazing Marriott property. I can tell that Jason is a great leader through the consistently outstanding service during my visits there. Over these past few year I have witnessed many positive changes (both obvious improvement and subtle niceties) and much growth during his tenure.

I like to refer to The Wentworth as a "Hidden Gem". I live a little over an hour away and grateful to have this escape so close to me. There is truly something about this place, it's always welcoming! Whether the reason is a special meal out, winter wine festival weekend, company retreat, “Life’s Too Short” friends weekend, day spa experience or during my most recent stay - the Wentworth Team makes sure your stay is the best it can be!

It truly is the people who make the positive difference. I needed a break and looked at several options including Canyon Ranch. I went back and forth and the decision was made easy when I called the hotel, spoke directly with @Brandon Bagley who set a positive tone for my visit.  I am also a Titanium member and was fortunate to receive a Marina Suite upgrade (my favorite room on property in the warmer months and Turret suites in the winter months).

From the moment I checked in on Thursday I felt like I was home and again I barely left property! You simply don't need to. Although a smaller resort property it offers so much. The Marina Suite rooms are like a home away from home! I was able to enjoy a wonderful facial by @Alyssa and grateful to secure 2 back to back massage appointments with @Naomi (once you receive a massage with her you'll know why)! The dining options at SALT and Latitudes are both wonderful and every meal was delicious. From my special request of the omelet maker at breakfast each day who took great pride in pleasing to the lobster and seafood dishes - all artfully prepared and simply delicious with my 2 favorites being the Lobster Salad at #Latitudes Restaurant and the Halibut at #SALT Restaurant. Also want to note that the waitstaff at both locations were very attentive and I could tell they simply wanted to be sure I enjoyed...and I did!

Every time I walked into the main hotel I was greeted by the friendly front desk team and concierge who wanted to be sure I was enjoying myself. They always went out of their way to see if there was anything I needed.

Most of my time was spent enjoying the Marina suite pool and pool area by myself. Kids were back to school and it was a little early for leaf peepers - I loved the privacy...so tranquil! I also have a full appreciation for the housekeeping staff as I was a “chambermaid” at age 14! The Marina Suites are quite large, cover 2 floors and this team works long days to cover these rooms 2X a day.

The team there is fantastic and it all starts from the top. I have had the good fortune to be able to communicate and get to know Jason Bartlett (GM) and his staff (Brandon Bagley and @Dean Pratt) through the years with several of my requests. They are always there, attentive and do their very best to ensure your stay and experience is the best it can be.

Thank you once again Jason and @##Team Wentworth and I hope to see you all again soon!

Gayle Piraino

Outcomes