AnsweredAssumed Answered

Non refundable rate - has this ever happened?

Question asked by lonnalinda on Sep 4, 2019
Latest reply on Sep 19, 2019 by lonnalinda

For many years I have either booked the Auto Club (AAA) rate or the non refundable rate in booking my Marriott hotel.  While I prefer the AAA rate I am finding that the non refundable rate (many with breakfast, when titanium status does not offer, or hotel food and beverage credit) has become a better deal.  I pay with my Marriott credit card.  To date I have never had the below email response.  I plan on emailing Marriott customer service as this is weird.  I am concerned that I might get charged twice and/or this is some sort of fraud (doubtful but...)  And the "threat" of not paying within 48 hours - again weird.  Thanks for any insight.    

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Altis Belém Hotel & Spa for your upcoming stay in Lisbon.

We remind you that you have booked a Non-Refundable rate - No change or cancellation is possible.

No-Show fee: Full stay including tax.

Prepayment required. Total amount to be paid on the booking’s day.

This way, in order to make the payment for your booking – we kindly ask you to use the following link to pay securely (Visa or Mastercard):

https://pagamentos.redunicre.pt/2082204/altishotels/

• The reference number will be : ***

This way, we decrease the high level of fraud in Internet payments. At check-in, you can show any available credit card for incidentals.

Please note that the payment should be done within the next 48 hours. In case no payment is received – the reservation is automatically canceled.

Best regards,

Gonçalo Nicolau

Night Auditor

Front Desk
Altis Belém Hotel & Spa

Outcomes