AnsweredAssumed Answered

Platinum status challenge clarification

Question asked by italnsd on Aug 13, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 18, 2019 by italnsd

Hello, I am a new member and I am trying to gather some info on the platinum state challenge that seems impossible to find on the Marriott website. I got automatically my Gold Status back in May through the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant card and signed up on the phone for the platinum challenge last Friday, 8/9.

1) The first question regards the admissibility of the challenge having gained gold status through the credit card and not through eligible nights. I believe this is not a problem, because the representative who signed me up did not raise it. Can anyone please confirm it?

2)The second issue is that I have received no confirmation of the challenge enrollment nor I see anything on my Marriott online account. Is there any way to check its status?

3) In my understanding the challenge status is won by spending 16 paid nights at a Marriott property, be it sixteen  1-night stays, one 16-night stay or everything in the middle. Is this correct? I am asking because I got confused by reading posts of people who took the challenge and were described how they were "night-hopping" to increase their number of "stays", which I assumed was not relevant.

4) Is there any property which does not earn qualifying nights for the challenge? For example I just booked a 2-night stay at the Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge at Breckenridge, which is part of the Marriott Vacation Club. The reservation says "Please note: Non-commissionable rate". Should I worry that these two nights will not count for the challenge?

I read on another thread that some documentation was provided, but the link did not work https://insiders.marriott.com /docs/DOC-15973. Is there any other way to get that doc?

Thank you in advance for all the help you'll be willing to provide me

Outcomes