I am Platinum Elite. My brother is a Marriott Associate. Can I use SNA with Associate Explorer (MMP) rate? If I can and I do, am I less likely to receive an upgrade because I am getting the MMP rate?
If you're eligible to use an SNA on a reservation, it will show up as an SNA upgrade option in your online reservation. If it doesn't show up in the reservation than it wouldn't be eligible to upgrade. See below T&C about SNAs (especially item 11 & 12). I haven't heard of any prioritization scheme for SNAs, but would assume Loyalty status could be player in addition to type of booking. Hard to really say.
A. Suite Night Awards may be redeemed for advance confirmable upgrades for select, premium rooms or standard suites on a per room, per night basis, subject to availability and the applicable terms and conditions set forth below for Suite Night Awards:
(1) Suite Night Awards may be used only on Loyalty Program eligible paid stays as well as Free Night Award stays and Cash & Points stays.
(2) A Member may request to use their Suite Night Awards on Loyalty Program websites or by calling a Customer Engagement Center.
(3) Suite Night Awards may only be used for standard suites or other premium rooms as designated by the Participating Property.
(4) Suite Night Award use is based upon availability of the requested suite or premium room. Checking for availability begins five (5) days before arrival. If availability is not confirmed five (5) days before arrival, availability is checked each day before arrival up to 2 p.m. local time of the Participating Property one (1) day prior to arrival. If at that time Suite Night Awards cannot be confirmed, the Suite Night Awards are credited back to the Member's account.
(5) Suite Night Awards may be used only when there are enough in the Member's Account so that one is applied to every night of the reservation.
(6) One Suite Night Award is required per room per night.
(7) Suite Night Awards are required for each night of the stay including any nights that may be designated "free" such as the fifth night in a Fifth Night Free Award.
(8) Suite Night Awards may not be transferred or given as a gift; however, a Member may use Suite Night Awards for additional rooms on his/her own stay as long as the Member is present for the stay and the other rooms are under the Member's name.
(9) Members who book separate reservations for consecutive nights that precede or follow a reservation that has confirmed Suite Night Awards will be required to change rooms to the confirmed room type on any night(s) where a Suite Night Award is not used.
(10) If a Participating Property offers multiple room options for the Suite Night Award, once the suite/premium room option(s) is selected, the selection may be changed until 2 p.m. local time of the Participating Property the day before arrival so long as the Suite Night Award is unconfirmed. Confirmed Suite Night Awards may be canceled up to 2 p.m. local time of the Participating Property one (1) day prior to arrival only if the entire reservation is canceled.
(11) Suite Night Awards have requesting, booking, cancellation, and modification policies that are in addition to – but completely separate from – the booking, cancellation, and modification policies for the reservations on which they are used.
(a) Requests to use Suite Night Awards on a reservation may be made up to 2 p.m. local time of the Participating Property one (1) day prior to arrival.
(b) Requests to withdraw the use of unconfirmed Suite Night Awards may be made up to 2 p.m. local time of the Participating Property one (1) day prior to arrival.
(c) Confirmed Suite Night Awards may be canceled up to 2 p.m. local time of the Participating Property one (1) day prior to arrival only if the entire reservation is canceled.
(d) Once Suite Night Awards have been confirmed, the Member must cancel the entire reservation to receive credit back for all Suite Night Awards. Cancellation of a confirmed Suite Night Award reservation after 2 p.m. local time of the Participating Property one (1) day prior to arrival will result in the forfeiture of all Suite Night Awards applied to the entire reservation.
(e) Suite Night Awards cannot be applied to a reservation once the reservation has been checked-in to a Participating Property.
(f) If a Member departs his/her reservation early, any unused Suite Night Awards confirmed for the stay will be forfeited.
(g) If a Member extends his/her reservation and has enough Suite Night Awards to cover the extension, the Member may use his/her Suite Night Awards based upon availability and at the Participating Property's discretion.
(12) Not all Participating Properties participate in Suite Night Awards. Suite Night Awards are not redeemable at the following brands: The Ritz-Carlton, The Ritz-Carlton Reserve, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club, EDITION, Protea Hotels, Aloft, Element, Design HotelsTM, all-Suite Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, ExecuStay, Marriott Vacation Club, Marriott Grand Residence Club properties and Vistana properties. In addition, Suite Night Awards are not redeemable at select Participating Properties. Contact a Customer Engagement Center for individual Participating Property Suite Night Award participation.
Likely not. MMP is a non-comissionable ID required rate type and highly restricted to what room types it is offered. I've never seen an SNA able to be used on the associate rate.
Retrieving data ...