sorot76

Courtyard St. Louis Downtown/Convention Center

Discussion created by sorot76 on Aug 3, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 4, 2019 by sorot76

We stayed at the CY STL Downtown/Convention Center last weekend; due to the hotel being fully booked on Saturday night, we had 2 separate reservations for 2 different room types on Saturday-Sunday (king size bed) and Sunday-Monday (2 queen size beds). Both reservations (Sat/Sun & Sun/Mon) were made on the Bonvoy app, in my husband's name and linked to his reward number.

When we checked in on Saturday for the first night, my husband was dealing with the valet parking and I provided my ID and our Bonvoy CC to the staff working the front desk. She admitted she was new and still being trained, and had a difficult time finding our reservation. I showed her the reservation number on my phone (app) and eventually we were checked in. We stayed in this room (king size bed) for the night Sat/Sun; checked out on Sunday and back in, and moved to a room with 2 queen size beds. When we left on Monday, I noticed in the car on our way back, that the receipt for the first night had MY name and no rewards number on it, whereas the second receipt for the second night (in the 2 queen room) had my husband's name and reward number printed on it. I didn't think much of it... until 3 days later, the points and night (1) for only the 2nd night posted to our Marriott account  After calling Bonvoy, we found out that at check-in, the staff member had changed the name on the reservation from my husband to me, and removed the rewards account number completely. The representative opened a case, and my husband has called Bonvoy for an update, but so far, nothing has happened.

Is there anything else we can do to receive the points for our stay from Saturday to Sunday (due to the hotel being fully booked, we spent over $300 on that room) and the night credit communitymanagers? We are "working" towards Titanium Elite, and every night counts. This is really frustrating - and not really our fault.

Outcomes