mmark439

25 days on a bike in Europe with Marriott

Discussion created by mmark439 on Jul 23, 2019
Latest reply on Jul 29, 2019 by mmark439

I just completed a 25 day bicycle adventure, biking 1200 miles through Europe staying at Marriott when available, booking between 2 to 4 rooms per stop as a Titanium Elite.  Used hotels.com for hotels along my route where Marriott was not available.  These were my Marriott stays along the way and my experiences.

1. Renaissance Amsterdam Schiphol airport hotel (Netherlands) - 3 rooms booked for one night. No comp upgrade offered. No executive lounge.  Free breakfast for myself plus one.  Rooms were comfortable.
  2. Courtyard Düsseldorf (Germany) 3 rooms booked for one night.  No comp upgrade offered. No free breakfast (as to be expected for courtyard). Rooms were comfortable
  3. Bonn Marriott (Germany) 3 rooms booked for one night. Upgrades to high floor with views.  All rooms access to exec lounge and or free breakfast at the restaurant for all guests.  Executive lounge was ok. Super friendly staff
  4. Moxy Ludwigshafen (Germany) 4 rooms booked one night. no comp upgrades offered. Free Welcome drink for all guests.  Hotel was Moxy hip.  Had to later call Marriott to request my points.  Received as requested.
  5. Courtyard Pilsen (Czech Republic) 2 rooms booked for one night.  Upgraded 1 room to Jr suite. Staff friendly.   Had to call Marriott for my Welcome amenity points.  Received as requested.
  6. Prague Marriott (Czech Republic) 2 rooms booked for two nights.  No comp upgrades offered.  No elite welcome back greeting at the desk.  Booked to rooms with King beds.  My companion was given a bed with two queens.   They later offered to switch him out but he didn’t want to go through the hassle.  Executive lounge was good. All and all location was great. Hotel was nice.
  7. Marriott Berlin (Germany) 2 rooms booked for two nights. early check in given.  No comp upgrades offered.  Very welcoming front desk.   Executive lounge and or free breakfast at restaurant was given to both rooms.  Very nice executive lounge.  Nice staff.  Nice Marriott
  8. Renaissance Downtown Amsterdam (Netherlands) 1 room booked for two nights.  Communication on the app was great starting the night before.  Nice Executive lounge.  Great location.

Outcomes