AnsweredAssumed Answered

Confirmation E-mail Received, No Room At Hotel

Question asked by devastation on Jul 3, 2019
Latest reply on Aug 9, 2019 by communitymanagers

Ever happen before that you've received a confirmation e-mail but ended up not getting a room at the hotel?

I was booking a room using a group rate at the Gaylord Texan Resort (for Quakecon), I had the link to the group booking (which was through passkey)... showed that a room was available, so I booked it.

Received a confirmation e-mail, confirmation number detailing everything about my stay etc.  This e-mail appears to be from Marriott, has their trademark at the bottom.  I became suspicious though when the stay didn't appear in "My Trips" on my profile, so had a bad feeling and called the hotel.

Sure enough, I don't have a room.  They said that my request was "rejected" and that they don't know why I received a confirmation e-mail.  They did say that the group rate expired on July 1... but once again, this date wasn't displayed on the website, and shouldn't it have not accepted my reservation and definitely not have given me a confirmation number?

Just wondering if something similar has ever happened before to anyone?  I've had great luck with Marriott and have thrown my money into their basket for the past 7 years.  I know the merger had shaken my confidence... but this also annoys me.

Luckily I knew enough to call.  I can only imagine that I flew 8 hours to Texas with my confirmation e-mail in hand only to be told that there was no room for me and it was rejected!

Either way, just a lowly disgruntled gold member!

Outcomes