AnsweredAssumed Answered

Customer Care for Seniors at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Kenner, LA

Question asked by jacquedenise27 on Jun 30, 2019

Greetings communitymanagers,

I'm hoping this forum ( I just discovered) maybe able to help. My family just ended our summer road trip to DisneyWorld (1st visit) and as we are on the road traveling back to Houston, TX we planned a stop in New Orleans (Kenner). We booked 2 rooms at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by the airport and close to my daughter who lives here through the reservation line. When I checked in I (67 years old) was placed on the first floor but my  friend who is 69 years old was placed on the 2nd floor. After we were assigned rooms by the front desk associate, I asked if we could be placed on the same floor. Thankfully, he changed my room so we could be on the same floor. This was a huge help with unloading luggage and not having to go to multiple floors. However when I went to my room, my television was not working. I called down to the front desk and they sent a shuttle drive up to fix it. He was not able to fix the broken television. I asked to be moved to a room with a working television and told him it didn't matter the floor as long as we had a completely functioning room. I was told there were no more rooms available. I called Marriott's reservations line to confirm this. They told me there were still showing availability for my room type at the hotel for the same night. After updating the front desk associate, he then informed me that he couldn't switch my room again as it was not the policy. This doesn't seem true. I am completely perplexed as this doesn't seem like Marriott's policy. There was no management at the hotel for me to speak to. I called a 1-800 number I found online for Marriott and the gentleman on the phone attempted to contact the front desk associate to help us get a resolve but the front desk phone mysteriously stopped working. I have never experienced this lack of customer care. I would love some help as to the next steps. I chose an internationally recognized hotel while traveling to avoid these type of issues. Any help you're able to give would be most appreciated.

Sincerely,

Linda Jones

Outcomes