Looking to spend a weekend in Phuket in July. I'm needing recommendations on where to stay. Looking for:
- Points or cash, either way works.
- Reeeally would like an ocean view, also a plunge pool would be nice to temper heat and humidity, so any property that is known to honor SNA's and Titanium/Ambassador upgrades would be greatly desired/appreciated.
- Some luxury is desired, but can't afford to go crazy, so... The Ritz-Carlton Phulay Bay is out (but, man oh man...!), and likely so is the Naka Phuket (Design Hotel).
- Likewise, since it'll be a short stay, we don't want to spend an excessive amount of travel time to/from HKT. So this kind of excludes the Khao Lak area north of the airport (the JW Khao Lak is currently unavailable during our timeframe anyway.)
- We will likely be prioritizing time spent at the resort over local sight-seeing (maybe?)
- Tagging Insiders, but all responses are welcome with gratitude. tker normanp hallchr jasper100 monisame starguy verysuiteboy brilin klaus29