AnsweredAssumed Answered

Loyalty Points

Question asked by penspace on Jun 18, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 25, 2019 by o0o0o0o0o0o...points!

Hello...

In February 2019, I made a reservation using points at The Blue Palace in Crete Greece for September 2019.  I made it for 5 nights with the 5th night being free.  It was 60,000 points per night.  At the time of making my reservation I did not have enough points for the whole trip.  I had enough points for about 3 nights.  I knew I had enough time and would have enough points by the time of my trip.  I live in the US.  So I made airline reservations, car rental reservations etc...

So, today I went on to check my reservations and now it says I need 85,000 points per night for this hotel.  So I called Marriott and spoke with Nicki and she said they changed the points from 60,000 to 85,000 in April 2019, after I made my reservation.  She said there was nothing she could do since I did not have all the points needed at the time of my reservation.  I feel that they should honor my original reservation at 60,000 points per night.  I asked Nicki if I could speak with her supervisor and she said she was the supervisor.  I again asked if I could speak with her Manager and she declined. After my long frustrating conversation with Nicki she told me that the call was being recorded.  I thought you had to tell someone before you record a call.  Very disappointing!!

Sincerely,

Bob

Platinum Member

Since 1999

Outcomes