msannmcd

Boston Mini-TIPPLE July 18, 2019

Discussion created by msannmcd on May 31, 2019
Latest reply on Jun 19, 2019 by platinumannforlife

It's been suggested that a Boston mini-TIPPLE is in order. After my meet up with starguy I'm motivated! So I took a look at my travel schedule and came up with a couple of options.

First, for us truly local Boston folks, I'd like to know if there is any interest in a Boston happy hour on a Thursday evening. 5-9 PMish. Since I commute into town by train from the North Shore, we can end at the bar in the new Courtyard and score some points. Dates available are June 20, July 18, August 1 and August 15. 

Second, a wider tipple on a weekend that might interest out of towners could be held but as we all know Boston hotels do tend to be on the high side. Right now there aren't many under $300 on a Saturday night. One if the nicest properties at the lowest rate today is the Cambridge Marriott at $241. Luckily I know a few people there and I hope to speak to them next week to see if I can get us a TIPPLE rate under $200 (before tax of course). The date for this is tentatively Saturday September 14, 2019. NOTE: The Who are playing at Fenway Park on Friday September 13 with the Boston Symphony and there are still tickets available - including with Marriott Moments.

Please respond with your interest in both the locals happy hour tipple and the Saturday night mini-TIPPLE. Hopefully, by next week we will have something more determinate.

Thanks for instigating and inspiring my fellow insiders! 

Outcomes